Old June 12th 18, 07:12 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Paul[_28_]

Default 2T SSD SATA - $250

Flasherly wrote:
Direct Chinese marketing - no warranty, no nothing.

Except, it is MICRON branded.

My Micron, I bought, a USA-distribution of their 256G SSD,
cost me four-times, per GByte, more.

IOW if that same drive, cost adjusted for this one, it would have cost
me $30 instead of $120 I paid:

https://slickdeals.net/f/11690051-2t...-free-shipping

Half off the usual market value, still, does tend to bear a little
weight on plattered drives.

It uses 3D TLC and is rated at 400TBW. That means,
as a 2TB drive, you can write it end to end 200 times.
Suitable for backups, subject to that limit.

https://www.micron.com/~/media/docum...duct_brief.pdf

And there should be QLC based drives soon, so the price
might come down a tiny bit more. The TBW could be worse
on the QLC based drive (four bits stored per Flash cell,
Flash cells chained in cylindrical columns in the chip).

Paul