Old September 24th 09, 08:38 PM posted to creative.products.sound_blaster.audigy,creative.products.sound_blaster.awe,creative.products.sound_blaster.live
Briain Boruhma[_2_]

Default PLaycenter2

have been using Creative's Playcenter 2 on my Win ME system for a number
of years both to collect and play MP3 files.

Unfortunately my hard disc blew up and I decided to get a new system.

Most of my data and all of my music was backed up so I did not expect any
problems when I bought the replacement system which is a Media Center
Edition running under Win XP SP3 and uses WMP to play MP3s.

I now find that WMP will not recognise a number of my MP3 files and so far I
cannot find any other audio player to recognise the format even though they
all appear as MP3s.

The new system has a Realtek HD audio card and I know Playcenter software
requires Sound Blaster et al.

Desperately need ideas as tracks I have collected over a number of years are
no longer available to me.

TIA

Briain