Old September 1st 09, 07:04 PM posted to uk.comp.vendors
Rob Morley

Default A question about boxes.

On Tue, 1 Sep 2009 16:58:51 +0100
"Trust No OneŽ" wrote:

I notice that whatever the size of my order, the box that it ships in
from Ebuyer always matches its dimensions perfectly.

Somehow I doubt that they keep a vast set of boxes in storage of all
possible sizes

My guess is that Ebuyer and other larger etailers use some type of
machine that works out the size of the box based on the contents of
the order and manufactures it to size.

Is this how things work?

I was going to say "think of all the left-over bits of cardboard they'd
have to deal with" but I suppose they might save enough in shipping,
and get enough back from recycling, that it would be worthwhile.