Old July 4th 20, 04:18 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Char Jackson

Default ATX24 socket on mobo - PS is only ATX20!

On Sat, 4 Jul 2020 06:08:43 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

I had a look at an old HP Pavillion PC and the power supply has only 20 wires
going into the mainboard. Jezus, that is cheapskatery I did not expect
from a major corporation. It is apparently a "home" PC with i3 and low-end
graphics card. Presuming they use the same mainboard for a more powerful
model that needs the extra juice.

Sounds fine to me. It sounds like a low end system with minimal expansion
capabilities.