Old November 6th 06, 07:14 AM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Harry331

Default BootIt NG high level steps - best approach??

jobs wrote...

steps I see:

1. boot from bootit CD?

It's up to you. BootIt Cd for floppy.

2. backup up partions? with what?

It's up to you. BootIt, Ghost, Acronis True Image or whatever
backup software you have.

3. delete create partions?

It's up to you. I hope you know what you are doing.
See below.

4. format the drives using what?

It all depends on what OS you are installing.
When installing XP, it prompts you to format a partition.
You can also format partitions with 3rd party softwares like
Acronis Disk Director.

5. any bootit step when installing an OS in a partion?

I suggest you play around BootIt on a Microsoft Virtual PC,
or VMWare. You will gain yourself confidence on something
that you can afford to screw up ..... before you use BootIT
on your real environments.

Good luck.