Old February 29th 04, 11:07 AM
Jesper Monsted

) wrote in
om:
I would like to know a basic thing concerning the Backup and Restore
client of Legato Networker. If I have an application (solaris pkg
archive) that I install, should I indicate the B&R client to backup
the .tar archive and the customized configuration file, or should I
indicate all the files extracted from the archive and the
configurations files ?

You usually back up entire file systems, not single files or directories.

From a "this is easier when i break something" point of view, just backing
up "All" is a nice way to go, if you have the capacity and performance to
do it.

At least, grab a backup of your entire data volume and important config
files (/etc and whereever your application keeps it's files). In a disaster
recovery situation, having a copy of the package (the .tar) to reinstall
from would also be a good idea.

--
/Jesper Monsted