Old June 26th 04, 04:36 AM
Jason Cothran

"Codemutant" wrote in message
om...

| The arguement i lose when debating with intelfans.. is "why then amd
| is cheaper than intel?? if the performance is high isnt it cheaper
| bcause it uses cheaper components???" ... any suggessions...?
| thanx for the replies i got... i finally made up my mind to buy an
| amd64 3.0ghz system. I am planning to use asus motherboard with the in
| build geforce. Do tell me tips to keep my amd cooler and in perfect
| working condition.

Howmany AMD commercials do you see, or AMD ads in general? How many Intel
ads do you see? Overhead, and market share. Intel has the uninformed into
thinking their computer must say "Intel inside" to run. Your typical average
buyer has never ever heard of "AMD" or "Athlon". AMB has been and continues
to gain market share as more and more people become educated to the fact
that for most applications, AMD is superior to Intel. As for buying a 3GHz
system, you will have to wait a while . AMD makes systems that smoke
intel 3GHz+ systems, but they do not make one @3GHz themselves yet. No need
when they can smoke an Intel 3.4EE with a 2GHz CPU.