Old September 6th 13, 11:03 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general
David H. Lipman

Default Seagate drive model # and serial# don't match. ST1000DM003

From: "Bob F"

Seagate tells me the serial# I sent them shows the specs for the drive
they sent me. They seemed to have no comments to my statement that the
drive I have says on the label "ST1000DM003", and that their own web site
says that drive is SATA3, 64MB cache, which the one they sent me is not. I
talked to 2 people there and got basically the same story. It is as if
they shipped ST1000DM003 drives that were not up to the currently
advertised specs although they wouldn't actually say that. So should I
call again and escalate to a higher level?

No. Put it in writing !

--
Dave
http://www.pctipp.ch/downloads/dl/35905.asp