Old September 6th 13, 07:38 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general
Bob F

Default Seagate drive model # and serial# don't match. ST1000DM003

I just received a warrantee replacement drive for my dead ST1000DM003. The
Replacement was a ST31000528AS refurb. which doesn't meet the same specs as the
origional. Seagate told me that my drive serial# shows up on their system as
the same specs as the replacement drive, not as a SATA 3, 64MB cache drive like
the ST1000DM003.They had no suggestion as to how this could be, but assured me
the replacement met the same specs as my origional.

Has anyone else out there run into this situation?