Old July 12th 13, 11:23 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking
[email protected]

Default Gigabyte Board running Windoze 7-64 bit spontaneously enableshyperthreading without rebooting?, WTF

I have an icore 7 with 6 cores running on a GA-X58A-UD3R(rev. 2.0)Mobo. I have had a recurring problem that after disabling hyperthreading in the CMOS, in the task manager, I find that the mode is switching from no HT to HT without a system reboot. How can this be possible. Anyone else experience this problem.

BTW, I hate HT and for most applications it causes them to run at 50% of their speed. Ugh!