Old February 4th 05, 02:23 PM
Mikael

"Lars-Erik Østerud" .@. wrote in message
news:ejLMd.1242$Mw3.359@amstwist00...
HL2, outside train station, overlooking the plaza, I get around 30FPS

with
the two 6x00 cards (can't remember the FX5200, but it wasn't

unplayable). In

What resolution are you using? I mainly use 800x600 (yep, that's low,
but then my monitor gives 85hz), and only need a card that can hold 85
fps with 4x AA in 800x600 (most cards are tested at 1024x768 now).

Resolution is 1280x1024@60hz, due to LCD monitor. All settings are high, no
AA, triliniar filtering, reflect world.

Will a 6600GT card keep up with 85fps at 800x600 w/4x AA in HL2?

Don't know. Tried dropping resolution to 1024x768, but that didn't seem to
make much of a difference.

Will a cheaper card do this as well? Does the P4PE slow down the card
beacuse of the missing AGP 8x support (the P4PE is only 4x right)?

Yes, the P4PE has AGP 4x, but not sure if there is much of a difference
between 4x and 8x. As I said, as long as I run benchmarks that tax the GPU,
everything seems ok, but in games, where the whole system is testet, things
are not so great. So far, I haven't found a solution for this. However, if
you get a 6600GT, I'd like to hear what your results are.