Old February 4th 05, 01:40 PM
Mikael

Default Different graphics cards for my P4PE

"Lars-Erik Østerud" .@. wrote in message
Is there a comparison chart between Nvidia cards?

My old 4200 card scores 1600 on 3dMark 03, and I see others get over
6000 with new 6800 cards, but what about the other cards in between?

After all it's a question about price vs power. I need a bit stronger
card (today I get full speed at old games with 2x AA, but HL2 won't
run faster than 42 fps w/o AA, what do I need to get 85 fps 4x AA?)

BTW: Will all new cards work OK with my Asus P4PE board, or is there
AGP limitations that will slow down the card on the P4PE (AGP speed)

--
Lars-Erik - http://home.chello.no/~larse/ - ICQ # 7297605
Win98se, Asus P4PE, 2.53 GHz, Asus V8420 (Ti4200), SB-Live!

I also have an P4PE, P4@2,667, 1GB PC3200, and have gone from a Inno3D
FX5200 (3dmark03: 1460), MSI 6600GT (3dmark03: 7400) to a LeadTek 6800
(3dmark03: 8300) - unlocked the pipelines and vertex shader and got 9000.
Problem is, in games it doesn't seem to make much of a difference. E.g. in
HL2, outside train station, overlooking the plaza, I get around 30FPS with
the two 6x00 cards (can't remember the FX5200, but it wasn't unplayable). In
all fairness, I usually get higher FPS, but it just fells laggy most of the
time. Overall, for the price, I'm not impressed, so the 6x00's are going
back for a refund... Surely, I've got some bottleneck in my system that's
limiting the FPS (CPU speed, RAM timings, AGP x4, who knows?), and until
it's located, it's just not worth the upgrade for me.