Old May 24th 07, 08:11 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware
[email protected]

Default Viewing photos on a Pentium 1 Desktop.

On May 23, 3:00 pm, wrote:
now I have another question: How much RAM do windows 95 and 98 use
just by themselves with absolutely nothing running?

Win95 will BOOT on 4mb. It'll suck, but it'll boot. 8mb is the bare
min if you actually want to DO something. It's OK on 16mb. If you got
more than that, you might as well install win98se, as things will work
better all around. Surpisingly I found ie6 was more responsive on a
486 than ie5 was.

Win98 will run on 16mb, with basic functionality (internet, wordpad,
etc). 32 or more is better. 128 is better still. 512 is ridiculous,
and anything beyond 512 is impossible in win9x.