Old June 13th 08, 08:57 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq
John Williamson

Default Compaq nc6000

wrote:
Hello,
i have a compaq NC6000 and it does not workk any more.
I would like to repair it.
It seems to be the hard drive (i can launch Windows XP and after 2 or
3 minutes, it freeze.
:-)

Herre are my questions :
how can I be sure that the prob comes from the hard drive?
if this is the hard drive, how do I know the hard drive model I have
to purchase.

thanksin advance for any help.
regards,
Cédric

The problem could be anything from an overheating CPU due to a blocked/
not working fan, to a loose/ defective memory module, via quite a few
other things.

Where & when did you buy it?
HP offer a 3 year warranty in the UK, according to the ciao.co.uk.

Otherwise, work through what's he-

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport...&lang=en&cc=uk

A service guide is he-

http://bizsupport.austin.hp.com/bc/d.../c00063094.pdf

The drive seems to be a standard 9.5mm thick, PATA 2.5 inch drive,
possibly in a carrier. HP list drives of 30, 40, 60 & 80 Gb for that
machine for sale on their website.

If you're not familiar with working on small, complex electronics, then
you may feel happier taking it to a technician.

--
Tciao for Now!

John.