Old June 27th 03, 09:47 PM
Irene

Then you shouldn't have any complaints about some one quoting them. I'll
keep that for future reference.

"Deep" wrote in message
e.rogers.com...
I wrote them, didn't I?

Do you actually think I'm ashamed or care what an old woman thinks of me?
PLEASE....

Deep

"Irene" wrote in message
I haven't attacked you. I don't attack people. I do, however,

accurately
quote their posts. Here, I thought you would like your friends to see a

few
examples of your posts to this and other groups. You mean that you are

not
proud enough of your posts to see them quoted?

"Deep" wrote in message
le.rogers.com...
So your logic is that those who use the language you find so offensive
should be attacked? Come on grandma! Attack away!!

Deep

"Irene" wrote in message
You still have explained why you criticize me for quoting such

language,
but
say absolutely nothing to those who originated the posts.

No withstanding you denials, the reason that I came up with is the

most
likely. Sorry. I have to stick with that until you demonstrate
differently.

"Bob" wrote in message
Frankly, I don't care if folks are pro or anti Compaq, Dell, HP,

Sony,
etc.
To each, his own. I am not that strongly attached to any type of

machine
be that passionate one way or another. Personally, I have had

nothing
but
good experiences with the computers I (or my family have had) over

the
years. Problems have been rare and the few calls made to sales,

tech
support
or customer service have been handled in a professional and timely
manner.
have owned computers of some sort since 1978 (Apple, Packard Bell.

HP,
Compaq, Dell, Alienware). I guess I have just been lucky for the

past
25
years. It would be great if newsgroups of this type were used

solely
for
the
purpose of information and help, however, I understand that folks

want
vent about their bad experiences and that's their right. It is

also
the
right of those to defend their positions on the positive side.It

just
interests me that you have complained about Deep's vulgarities and

yet
you
have reposted these vulgarities in at least 3 separate posts. I

suppose
"pick on" your posts because I usually find yours in the middle of

some
"entertaining" back and forths. I would classify Newsgroups as a

source
of
two things, information and entertainment. If I am not interested

in
particular topic as described in the header, then I would not
necessarily
read through the posts, however, if I see a bunch of responses

with
certain
sender's names, I will read those because occasionally, they are

real
entertaining. Deeps' (or others) vulgarities were probably in

response
some humdrum question in a topic that is of little interest, thus

can
not
remember seeing any of them except when reposted by you. It would

be
great
if all folks would use language that you or I or anyone would deem
"appropriate", but in certain locales it just isn't going to

happen.
With
the wide variety of unknown personalities on newsgroups, you can't
expect
them to acquiesce to what you want, thus you should assume that,

at
the
very
least, newsgroups should be rated 'R'. With that being the case,

you
or
your
grandchildren, shouldn't be surprised if vulgarities show up. I

have
an
8
year old granddaughter. I would never allow her to use the

Internet
unsupervised because you never know what can be accidentally found

and
if
were using the Internet with her, I would certainly not be reading
newsgroups with her, but, to each his/her own. At least I am

fortunate
that
she is not nearly as Internet savvy as yours because she doesn't

even
know
what a newsgroup is, much less have the ability to open one up and
either
download new messages or read existing messages.

"Irene" wrote in message
I find it difficult to understand why you object to my posts,

quoting
the
vulgarities and insults, but do not post any comments objecting

the
originators of those posts.

Could it be because you and those few folks are strongly pro

Compaq
and
am
not? No, you wouldn't be that hypocritical, would you?

"Bob" wrote in message
I know how newsreaders work and I know that you find

vulgarities
offensive,
yet you don't seem to respect others who may find the language
offensive
because you choose to repost it without editing the

vulgarities.
can
only
assume from your previous post a while ago that you

grandchildren
use
your
computer unsupervised since I would suspect you would not

allow
them
read
newsgroups that contain vulgarities, yet somehow (according to

you),
they
managed to do so.

Practice what you preach. Since you find the language

offensive,
don't
continue to repost it. Others find it offensive as well.

"Irene" wrote in message
And you don't know what you are talking about.
Neither what I allow, or how my newsreader works.

"Bob" wrote in message
Remember Irene, you allow your grandchildren to peruse

these
newsgroups
unsupervised as you stated in a previous post. You are

again
subjecting
them
to foul languange that YOU choose to repost.