Old June 19th 10, 04:22 AM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips,comp.sys.intel
Robert Redelmeier

Default Marginal OEM Power Supply

In comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips Robert Myers wrote in part:
Never occurred to me that they would size the power supply
to the actual sale. That means that, even if you pay
outrageous prices for a subsequent OEM add-on, it might
not work. I'd call that deceptive marketing.

It might well be. Perhaps this was a batch of computers
specifically built for some megacorp refresh but which proved
out to have a high defect rate -- either as RAM installation
or PSU quality. It was subsequently rejected and dumped on
the resale market where you bought it cheaply.

They ought to have been sold as "debranded", but perhaps
someone was asleep at bigOEM. Or a disobedient reseller.

The Shenzhen suicides and subsequent salary doubling
do not indicate high-quality.

-- Robert