Old April 29th 07, 11:14 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
measekite

Default have you used G&G -8 cartridges?

Tony wrote:

"Dan G" wrote:

G&G compatibles are generally well-accepted. However, G&G does change ink suppliers with some regularity so you don't always get the same ink. This is also true of virtually any compatible.

<snip> I have no knowledge of this supplier or their inks and therefore will not comment. However to say that "virtually any compatible" supplier changes their inks with some regularity is certainly not correct.

Since they will not tell you who their supplier is at any given time you will never know.

The large well established branded compatibles rarely if ever change their ink suppliers, in fact several of them formulate and manufacture their own inks to match specific printers.

You do not know this unless you are one of those relabelers.

We are not discussing generic inks of course, I always recommend against the use of generic inks.

Any non OEM ink is generic.

Tony MS MVP Printing/Imaging