Old August 9th 03, 05:48 PM
Some One

Default Query: Program to reassign Drive letters after removing second hard drive?

Just click the drive and rename it... You are use a Mac, right???
: )

Drive managment in XP, Win 2000 will do this easily. Not sure about
older stuff.

"Craig" wrote in message
A few years ago I installed a larger hard drive as Primary master

and
partitioned it as C,E,F,G.

I kept the old drive as a Slave (handy for backing up data). At the
time the Slave drive assigned it self as the D drive.

Now the old drive has finally failed and my E,F,G partitions have
moved up the ladder to become D,E,F.

Here's my question: is there a program that can update all the
registry and shortcut entries so that they now point to the newly
allocated partitions?

Thanks, Craig