Old July 18th 20, 02:34 AM posted to alt.windows7.general,alt.comp.os.windows-10,comp.sys.intel,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips
J. P. Gilliver (John)[_3_]

Default General ramblings (with some Linux flavouring). (Was: Linux founder tells Intel to stop inventing 'magic instructions' and 'start fixing real problems')

On Sat, 18 Jul 2020 at 02:23:42, Brian Gregory
wrote:
On 17/07/2020 20:49, T wrote:
Also interesting, in America we say "that horse is different
FROM that one".* In the UK they say "that horse is different
TO that one".* Or so the shows from the UK on Netflix use it.

Utter rubbish.
I've never said different to in my life.
Sounds daft.
Just as daft as saying I'm excited for Christmas.
It's supposed to be I'm excited about Christmas.

surprised, hopefully, comprise/consist, myriad ...

much/many/less/few(er) ...

then there is the US/UK different use of small auxiliary words, above
all "up" ... but also of, with, to ...
--
J. P. Gilliver. UMRA: 1960/1985 MB++G()AL-IS-Ch++(p)Ar@T+H+Sh0!:`)DNAf

It's a beta orgy, not a product. - Mayayana in alt.windows7.general, 2018-3-8