Old November 28th 11, 10:53 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd
Yousuf Khan[_2_]

Default Using the AMD Overdrive utility

On 26/11/2011 1:14 AM, Yousuf Khan wrote:
On 26/11/2011 12:21 AM, Paul wrote:
Well, I can't say what will happen in your case, but when you use
things like CNQ, they use ACPI schema, and the multipler values
for idle and full blast, are stored in there. The question then is,
depending on how you're overclocking, does CNQ do the right thing,
or does it use the defaults for the processor ?

Well, I'm using the AOD Windows utility to do the overclocking, and it
probably takes care of bypassing ACPI limits, so I do see the top speeds
changing properly. I verify it with a couple of other utilities like
Core Temp and CPU-Z.

Now, one thing I have noticed though is that even though the ACPI tables
aren't used when the AOD utility has set up the speeds initially. If you
put the computer to sleep and return from the sleep, the computer is
back to the speeds setup by BIOS. You have to rerun the AOD utility and
reload the settings again, if you want it back to overclocked settings.

Yousuf Khan