Old December 26th 07, 11:01 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq
John B. Egger

Default 5 1/4" floppy on 4122

I'm trying to install an old TEAC 5.25" drive in an almost-as-old Compaq
4122. Holding down F10 on bootup and choosing "Computer Setup",
"Storage" shows that the disk is considered a 3 1/2" disk (Storage: A:
1.44-megabyte (3.5 inch)". Help (F1) says "By selecting the storage icon
you can display or change the configuration of your computer's diskette
and hard drives." When I do that, Help says Diskette Drive A: allows you
to specify the type of diskette drive configured as A: as follows:" and
a 360-K 5.25" disk is one of the options.

But I don't see any way to change to it. Anyone know about this old issue?

--
--John
Registered Linux User #291592