Old July 2nd 04, 01:45 PM
McGrandpa

Aki Peltola wrote:
"McGrandpa" wrote
Err, as an ATI-newbie I'm a bit confused... Is the latest
control panel compatible with all the previous driver
versions, or do I have to downgrade control panel to
"match" the driver?

Yes you do, as stated in the driver downloads area at ATI.

Apparently I am blind.
How "handy", with control panel that makes ATI driver pack
about 20 megs in size, compared to Nvidia's drivers that
are about half of that and include all stuff needed.

Well, I have used the latest v4.6 control panel with v4.4
drivers (because of messy graphics in Thief3 with v4.6 drivers)
till now and haven't encountered any problems... luck?-)

Hah! I don't know; I've just done as the ATI sites instructions say to
and used the control panel they say to with each of the drivers.
McG.