Old December 5th 03, 01:07 PM
Net Worker

We just migrated off EMC's celerra because we felt that its the most
substandard network attached storage we have ever seen.
Its such a complex system just to provide network attached storage. you have
to deal with control station, data movers, the dart os and their version of
Linux and a whole bunch of stuff like usermapper etc to just to get it serve
CIFS. Have you heard of any NAS system that will panic and shutdown if any
of the user filesystem (not the root file system) fills up? The Celerra
does. Every time M$ releases a new SP for win2K, the datamovers will panic
and will need a patch from EMC to get it back to work.

My suggestion, don't get fooled by EMC's hype.
-G
"Jesper Monsted" wrote in message
4.163...
Boll Weevil wrote in
:
Snap Shots for recovering corrupt databases is second to none.

Unless you can snapshot with your enterprise-grade SAN storage

My only complaint about netapp's hardware is the, IMHO, substandard
storage. I really like the Netapp/HDS combo, though.

I'm going to play with the EMC Celerra very soon. Does anyone have good or
bad experiences with it that we should know about?

--
/Jesper Monsted