Old January 11th 04, 08:23 PM
D R Tester

Yes, you can get it working in dual channel. Your 2*256Mb sticks in 1 & 3 -
the 512MB stick in slot 2. remember though that ideally memory should be of
the same manufacturer/specification, I.e. same timings/latencies specified
by SPD, CAS, tRAS etc....

HTH
Dom

wrote in message
Bit of a newbie question for you

I have a A7N8X 2.0 Deluxe fitted with a 2 x 256mb DDR PC3200 Dual
Channel Kit which is working fine.

I want to add another 512mb of memory. Can I do this and have the
whole 1GB work in Dual Channel mode? What would I need to look out
for when buying the 512mb chip?

I'm unsure because I had to experiment with the slots for the memory
to get Dual Channel working. Is the spare slot not capable of Dual
Channel? Can it only work on pairs of chips?

Thanks in advance...