Old August 31st 03, 05:30 PM
WebWalker

On Sat, 30 Aug 2003 16:39:52 -0500, "wazaman59"
wrote:

I have a Compaq Presario that has fried hard drive.
I purchased a 40 Gig hard drive with a RPM of 5,600.
According to Compaq, the BIOS has a capability of reading up to an 80 Gig
hard drive at 5,400 RPM.
I have installed it and have made sure that it is connected
to the #1 IDE motherboard connection.
When I go to set up, the system won't recognize a fixed drive at all.
Any ideas?

Did you set the HD's jumper correctly like putting it as "master" drive?
Can you go to the Bios and set it to "Auto-detect" the new drive?
Are you using any boot disk while booting up?

--
WebWalker

PGP Key ID : 0xB3F1A279