Old November 17th 05, 09:39 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell,alt.comp.hardware,creative.products.sound_blaster.audigy

Default Dell's Sorry History of Microphone/Soundcard Issue (Update)

kony wrote:

Class_Action wrote:

kony wrote:

It is clearly an indication that there is no such thing as a
"Dell low mic volume problem".

Don't you see these as the low mic volume problem?

No, I see you only repeating the same thing over and over
again and not making any reasonable attempt to do anything
more than listen to a Dell tech's instructions.

Do you see any Dell Tech instructions in these?

if this mic is more than 6 or 8 inches from my mouth
at normal speaking levels, it barely picks up my voice.

the mic does not pick up my voice unless I put it
right up on my mouth.

I have to yell into my Dell provided microphone for anyone to hear
me

I seem to be unable to record anything with a microphone from SB.
Only when I shout really hard I get a fuzzy little noise recorded

I discovered that using the creative sound recorder I had to put
the record level on max, select +20% gain in the mixer and put the
mic 3 inches from my mouth or else it wouldnt pick up what i said.

I don't want to -eat- this microphone!!!!

I have my mic volume all the way up, the booster on, and its still
way too quiet. I had to practically put the mic in my mouth.

When I plugged a mic into the front panel, the volume is so low
that you have to scream.

Do you know a way to record an outgoing message without "eating"
the microphone?

I have to scream into the microphone