Old August 14th 03, 09:12 PM
Pen

So go to MSI and download drivers and BIOS updates.
http://www.msi.com.tw/

"Phil Thompson" wrote in message
okay so my motherboard is this:
MSi K7M Pro(MS-6340M)/K7TM Pro (MS-6340)

"Phil Thompson" wrote in message
i don't mean to sound like a spaz but, how do i find out what

make/model
my
motherboard is? i don't have any of the documentation that came

with this
PC
anymore.

in multimedia the playback and recording devices are both set to

VIA Audio
(WAVE).
however when i switched playback device to (use any device

available) i
can
now hear sound very quietly coming from my speakers with them

turned up
full
blast. I have since turned it back to VIA Audio (WAVE) and i can

hear the
quiet sounds still. what is goign on?

"kony" wrote in message
On Thu, 14 Aug 2003 13:05:40 +0100, "Phil Thompson"
wrote:

hello.
i posted about a week ago about a lack of sound, which i still

have. it
was
diagnosed as probably the soundcard problem and not my

speaker's fault
so
am looking for further advice.
going into device manager in widnows 98 then 'sound, videos

and games
controller'
i have these options
closed caption decoder
gameport joystick
nabts/fec vbi codec
via pci audio controller (wdm)
wave device for voice modem
wavetop (tm) nabts/cc vbi codec

is one of these my sound card? i'm not sure it is. If not is

there a
way
can find out what make/model my soundcard is so as to get a

driver for
it
and reinstall it, without having to open up my PC?

thanks

via pci audio controller (wdm) entry is the sound.
Go into Control panel , multimedia, and see if there are devices
listed on the Audio Tab for Playback and Recording.

I would speculate that you need to go into add/remove programs,

remove
the audio driver, then reboot and reinstall it. You might see

if your
motherboard manufactuer has a newer version or download what

they have
just for the heck of it.

Giving us details of motherboard make/model might help too.

Dave