Old July 10th 19, 05:14 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
T. Ment

Default Tachi X570 has only 1 gigabit ethernetport kinda disappointing (not future-proof, no 10 GBe)

On Tue, 09 Jul 2019 23:22:54 -0400, Paul wrote:

T. Ment wrote:

You remind me of a kid in a computer store years ago. He told me he was
"grounded" because he was standing on a rubber mat. I thought it would
waste time trying to explain insulator vs. conductor. I never went back
to that store.

That depends entirely on what the mat is made of.

Rubber matting with conductive carbon particles
in it, can conduct. The matting might have a
resistance of around 1 megohm, which is ideal
for static electricity dissipation.

What I've learned over the years, is looks can be
deceiving.

All you have to do, is find the person who *paid*
for the fancy item, and they'll tell you the
magic properties :-) "It'll burn a hole in your wallet" :-)
That's one of the magic properties.

But then we have to consider the composition of his shoes, the floor
material, and the building. A wrist strap to earth ground seems easier.
Probably cheaper too.