Old May 6th 19, 12:56 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
[email protected]

Default GT 1030 and GT 520 in one PC

Hmm it seems to be a winfast motherboard limitation, which I find kinda odd, in the manual at page 27 it says the following:

"In normal mode, only the PCI Express x16 slot near the CPU can be used for PCI Express x16 graphics cards."

So strangely enough this motherboard DOES support SLI... but when in "normal mode" it can only support one graphics card ?!

Why the hell would that be ?!

So weird ?!

Well this summer I plan to build a new computer... waiting for computex and ryzen 3 announcement... and then some analysis... hopefully it gonna be good.

Now that my widescreen monitor/dvi died and I am enjoying this vga monitor...

I could unplug the gt 1030 and instead use the GT 520... since the GT 520 does have vga connector and hdmi too...

So I could re-use the HDMI for HDMI output to see if it makes a difference when gaming compared to creative labs soundblaster.

I find that experiment kinda interesting... not much point cause I do play on low audio in wows... but still even with low audio some difference might be noticeable.

I think it's the CPU that mostly bottlenecks WOWS (world of warships) and not graphics cards... though I could be wrong... probably both bottlenecking a bit...

But not that much difference between a gt 520 and gt 1030... though it was also worth an experiment...

Brutal Doom runs really sweet on the GT 1030 though =D

Bye for now,
Skybuck.

P.S.: Have to do some re-building lol.