Old September 22nd 06, 12:29 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Gonzo

Default Avivo video converter in Basic Mode only?

"First of One" wrote in message
news
"Gonzo" wrote in message
It appears that my Avivo video converter only runs through the basic
setting of CCC. So I can't run it from advanced CCC mode. Is this
correct?

It appears so, from what I can see. Pretty stupid on ATi's part. You'd
think most users knowledgeable enough to transcode videos would be able to
handle the "advanced" mode.

Why oh why did ATi design it this way? Even better, why couldn't they
have made it a separate application?

A better question: why does CCC use .NET to begin with?

When a company is run by buzzword-happy marketing ANALysts, anything could
happen.

Well maybe AMD will persuade ATi to fix this.

I also keep getting an error message "can't find cpuinf32.dll" every time I
try to play a converted file. Go figure.

I found and copied this dll file into the ATI directory and now it seems to
work fine.