Old July 23rd 16, 05:18 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
John B. Smith

Default Aligning my XP partition on my 500gig WD harddrive

I have the ambition to align my main C: (XP) partition. It is on a
500gig hard drive partitioned in half for XP and Win7. Msinfo.exe says
that the Partition Offset for the XP partition is NOT divisible by
4096. AOMEI promises to align the partition and Optimize it, and I'd
like to try, if only I KNEW I could safely recover a backup if things
went south. I have a couple image backup restorers which I'm pretty
sure wouldn't work if AOMEI tampers with the partitioning. I think
what WOULD work a rescue is COPYING the files back onto the
'Optimized' partition if push comes to shove. My Easeus backup, when
booted from a CD will not do this. My ancient Drive Image 7 will, and
rewrite the MBR if I desire. So I'm here to pick some brains and MAYBE
get scared off enough to leave well enough alone if that's the
consensus. Thoughts?