Old August 21st 06, 04:29 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
TE Chea

Default 1 Jetway s940 mboard ( M2GT6-PTD ) is unstable & has design flaws

http://www.jetway.com.tw/jetway/syst...me=M2GT6%2DPTD
1 mounting hole is in a wrong place ( cannot align with casing's
mounting point ), 2 holes are missing so 2 of casing's mounting points
( 1 can touch or spark with 1 IDE socket's pins below mboard ) can
short circuit mboard ! Bios under reports cpu temperature. North &
south bridges are damn hot & have no fan, & no stabler with fan cooling.
I tried 3 units of this mboard, all are bad. Don't let this mboard waste
your time / energy / petrol / electricity ( like it wasted mine ).
As comparison, another model http://www.jetway.com.tw/jetway/syst...me=M2GT4%2DSOG
is perfectly stable & flawless, when used with the same cpu + dimms
+ psu.+ casing + keyboard + mouse + monitor + avr.
Are other brands' with nVidia GeForce 6100 *north bridge stable ? I
decided not to try them ; I suspect this * is unstable. Does any1 here
use * ?