Old February 13th 14, 11:05 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
~misfit~[_16_]

Default Resolution issue..

Somewhere on teh intarwebs Ed Light wrote:
AMD Tech Support may be able to help you. They've helped me.

Ok, thanks. I might try them - however I bought the card second-hand...

Are you running the latest driver? Maybe uninstalling the current one,
rebooting, and putting in the newest might help. It could be a thing
that was fixed.

Yes current. I've also tried an older one, then back again.

Also, maybe be sure you've installed the driver from the monitor
company, and reinstall it each time after changing video drivers.

It's a Dell and, although I can't seem to find a driver from Dell Windows 7
(64-bit) always finds the driver and knows the model of monitor.

Also, maybe in the control center under My VGA Displays (or Panels),
Properties, Monitor Attributes, try toggling the Use EDID and see
what's available each way.

That only applies to colour profiles, at least in the latest CCC.

Thanks for your help - I'm at a loss.
--
/Shaun

cozy little classification in the DSM."