Old November 23rd 20, 07:34 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware
micky

Default Printer which can copy driver's license on one side and car registration card on another

In alt.comp.hardware, on Sun, 22 Nov 2020 16:38:22 -0700, s
wrote:

A friend of mine is a small hotel owner in Florida and wants a printer
which can copy driver's license on one side and car registration card on
another and use only the required paper instead of 8.5 X 11 size paper.
His business is down because of the pandemic
so he is trying to save on paper, printer ink costs. For legal reasons,

I agree that he's not going to save much on paper or ink, esp. if he
adds the cost of a new printer.

But if he can hold out to march and/or june, business should be picking
up, including whachacallit, suppressed demand, both business and
pleasure. He may be able to even raise his rates and explain how little
money he made, how much he lost last year.

But for an academic*** exercise, I'd consider a 2-sided printer**,
printing both items on the top half of a page, making a hand-written
notation on it of which guest it represents since it won't be
immediately attached to the rest of the guest's records, then for the
next or some future guest, reversing the paper, top to bottom, and
printing on the other end.

**Which I suspect he has already. They're really great, and work so
much better than I expected.

***It was going to be academic, but I like it so much I think it's
excellent and fully practical.

he has to make a paper copy of a customer's driving license and car
registration card when a customer checks-in to his hotel.

I searched and did not see any printer model used by hoteliers

Is there any printer for such custom needs?