Old December 13th 16, 10:43 PM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Shadow[_2_]

Default reset smart data

On Sun, 11 Dec 2016 20:14:05 +0200, "kevin" wrote:

What serial to usb stick(rx tx) sould i buy from ebay If i want to reset smart from seagate drive?plus software and commands ?

I recently received a 250GB Seagate that had 200 bad
sectors. HDSentinel was blinking red and said the drive had a few days
left.
So I reset the data in HDSentinel (NOT the actual SMART,
obviously), and it's been green and 100% for 3 months.
Let's see if it was a corrupt SMART or a bad disk. Not using
it for anything important, just in case.
If it deteriorates, I'll post.
[]'s
--
Don't be evil - Google 2004