Old October 2nd 15, 11:40 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,comp.arch,nl.comp.hardware,sci.electronics.design
George Neuner[_2_]

Default (Repaired) Toshiba Laptop Satellite L670 performing poorly (No HD Speed Information ?!? Weird IBM stuff)

On Fri, 2 Oct 2015 00:00:48 +0200, "Skybuck Flying"
wrote:

"
Find out what model disk you have and look up its specs directly.
"

First of all who the **** would I know what model disk is inside of it ?

The Windows Device Manager will tell you.
Any S.M.A.R.T. informatin utility will tell you.
Any disk benchmark or "optimizer" utility will tell you.

If all else fails, open the ****ing case and look.

Second of all I already looked up direct specs and it mentions nothing about
bytes/sec read or bytes/sec write.

How exactly did you look it up if you don't know what it is?

So your advice is 100% bogus.

Your brains are 100% jello. Try listening to what people tell you.

Try it yourself.

I was doing so before the internet was graced with your presence.

If you can find me even 1 spec that mentions bytes/sec read or byte/sec
write then you'd not be a total dick or clueless noob.

Every drive's data sheet gives that information. It will not be found
in online marketing brochures.

If you can't find

a) the rotational speed
b) the number of tracks
c) the number of sectors per track
d) the size of a sector
e) the size of the buffer

then you don't have an actual data sheet.

If you can find these things, then you have what you need to figure it
out regardless of whether there is some "executive summary" paragraph
that tells you explicitly.

"
There hasn't been a 10MB/s hard disk since ~1990.
"

How the hell would you know.

If you were old enough to be out of diapers you also would know.

Sustained transfer rates reached 10MB/s in the mid 90s, and sustained
rates are governed by spinning metal - not by any caching that may be
done.

Did you ever look at a toshiba spec ?!

Many times.

It doesn't contain this kind of information !

Yes it does.