Old May 1st 12, 10:25 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
John Doe

Default A question about solid state drives

Just be sure to get a current SDD drive. I think there were
problems with early models. Maybe avoid brands that have a bad
reputation. Pay attention to how they treated customers who needed
to return a drive. I had problems with OCZ SDD drives. And use it
as your drive C, with your OS (Windows) and programs.

Also... Look to see if they have mean time between failure (MTBF)
ratings. At first, they claimed over 1 million hours. Apparently
that was a marketing lie.

a b.net wrote:

What's the difference between:

installing your OS and all your programs on the SSD

and:

using the SSD as a cache drive?

If both options give you equal performance in terms of speed what
would be the advantage of going with the cache drive option?

Jon