Old October 20th 13, 12:41 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers,alt.rec.hiking,alt.satellite.gps
Rod Speed

Default How best to print google topo maps for hiking purposes

Eddie Powalski wrote
Rod Speed wrote

Or just buy the cheapest inkjet printer you can find. Costs peanuts.

I swore off ink long ago, after dealing with HP Costco injets.

I didn’t.

Never again will I own an inkjet printer

I own two of the same model.

(which can't easily be refilled due to
shenanigans by the manufacturer).

I got the last of the Canons that don’t have
chipped carts and when another example
showed up at a garage/yard sale got
another of those in case I need any parts.

No need to refill at all, the carts are so cheap
off ebay that I just got a box of 20 of each
color for peanuts and will likely end up tossing
the last of them because I print so rarely.