Old August 30th 13, 09:01 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Mike Tomlinson

Default copper shim on laptop system chip

En el artículo , Timothy
Daniels escribió:

I'm going
with a motherboard WITHOUT the discrete graphic chip,

so how are you going to get video out?

and I'm paying attention to the cooling system.

I certainly wouldn't recommend combining a thermal pad with thermal
grease. The pad contains a heat transfer oil which does the job.

1.6mm seems a large gap for a TIM pad to fill. Perhaps you could polish
a copper penny to a smooth bright surface on both sides and use that
with a *small* amount of e.g. Arctic Silver as a shim.

When tightening the screws that clamp the heatsink to the CPU, tighten
them a small amount alternately so you don't exert a tilting force on
the CPU die.

--
(\_/)
(='.'=)