Old April 5th 07, 01:08 AM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips
Tony Hill

Default R600's secret weapon revealed

On Wed, 04 Apr 2007 15:44:38 -0400, Yousuf Khan
wrote:
Oliver Nowak wrote:
That has been pretty much confirmed by an AMD rep earlier. See here
(close to the end of the interview):

http://www.pcgameshardware.de/?article_id=573129

PCGH: Rick told us on the press conference that you had HD-Audio and
HDMI integrated into the RV6x. Is that true for all R6x-products from
top to bottom?

Vijay Sharma: Yes.
unquote

Interesting, I read that interview before, but I missed that. So I
wonder how Creative Labs is feeling now?

I *highly* doubt that this will have any effect at all on Creative
Labs' sales, or at the very least the effect it might have will be
totally negligible compared to the having virtually every single
motherboard with HD-Audio built in (as we have now).

Note that this audio is unlikely to be much more than a Realtek or ADI
codec chip.
--
Tony Hill
hilla underscore 20 at yahoo dot ca