Old June 20th 04, 02:29 PM
Seeker

Default "Brasil.pif" Error Message Appearing On Start-Up

Hi all. I have a problem when my PC, that is running Windows 98,
starts up. I recently obtained a new antivirus (AVG). On running it a
virus was identified in a file call "Brasil.pif". It cleaned the virus
and all seemed OK. However, each time Windows starts (or restarts) the
following messages appear as the desktop is laid out on the screen:

"Cannot find the file 'Brasil.pif' (or one of it's components). Make
sure the path and file name are correct and that all required
libraries are available".

Once you click OK on the message a second message comes up stating:

"Could not load or run 'Brasil.pif' specified in the WIN.INI file.
Make sure the file exists on your computer or remove the preferecne to
it in the WIN.INI file".

Once you click OK on this second message the desktop then loads up and
the
computer seems to behave normally. These two messages appear each time
the PC is restarted. What can I do to get rid of this problem and what
is causing it? Thanks!!