Old January 13th 18, 09:51 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.windows7.general,alt.comp.os.windows-10,alt.comp.periphs.keyboard
Andy Burns[_6_]

Default Unicomp Model-M a disaster

B00ze wrote:

I love the Model M keyboard, and have several PS/2 ones. I also have 2
Unicomp USB Model M's.
I do not know what they did with their USB controller, but it is
horrible.
I'm already thinking of getting a Mechanical Keyboard, but haven't found
one that LOOKS like the Model-M (i.e. BIG).

Why not use of of your PS/2 model M keyboards?
Just get the right USB adapter that can supply the hefty power
requirement, IME the one that works looks like this

http://zevv.nl/play/misc/ibm-usb/modelm_usb-001.jpg

I've also heard people having success using a KVM that has PS/2 ports
with USB ports