Old September 8th 13, 09:02 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers,comp.sys.hp.hardware,alt.os.linux,alt.windows7.general
Misha

Default What's the trick to make Ethernet work on an HP 2100TN printer?

Just in case others need this, here is the sequence that finally worked
to be able to print to a networked printer for my first time, using
Windows XP and Linux (on deck is Windows 7 and Android).

0. Connect HP 2100TN printer ethernet to your home broadband router.
2. Configure Windows XP (also wired to the router) to print to it:
http://i41.tinypic.com/vi39lt.jpg
3. Configure Linux (wirelessly connected to the router) to print to it:
http://i42.tinypic.com/rjl37s.jpg

Since this was all hunt-and-peck, I post these to help others and for
folks (who actually know what they're doing) to tell me whether I could
have configured WinXP and Linux an easier way to print to a networked
printer.

Next on deck are Windows 7 and Android ...