Old September 8th 13, 08:48 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers,comp.sys.hp.hardware,alt.home.repair,alt.comp.freeware
Misha

Default What's the trick to make Ethernet work on an HP 2100TN printer?

On Sun, 08 Sep 2013 07:06:18 +0000, Misha wrote:

http://i41.tinypic.com/vi39lt.jpg
Whew! That was *not* intuitive!

Well, if I had originally thought it was unintuitive getting
Windows XP to print to a newly home-ethernetted HP 2100 TN printer,
I spoke before I got Linux to print to the same printer (wirelessly):
http://i41.tinypic.com/4vifwi.png

Here's the sequence for Linux to get a printer hooked
to a home broadband router:
http://i42.tinypic.com/rjl37s.jpg

Now, the WinXP machine, hard wired to the router, can print to the
printer (also hard wired to the router); while the Linux laptop
wirelessly connected to the router can also print to that networked
printer.

Success at last!
Thanks for all your help!