Old January 6th 04, 05:49 PM
neopolaris

G.E. Parmelee III wrote:
"Bushy" wrote in message
time to buy a new monitor, this little 15 inch CRT is just not good
enough anymore (if it ever was)

Anywho, i think a 19" crt is the shot, i don't need much bigger than
that snip so, who can recommend a brand and model. the aim is
under AU$500, hopefully flat screen, able to do 1600*1200 at decent
refresh (ie. above 75Hz). i'm not overly worried about appearance,
although if it comes in black that is better.

thanks folks
Bushy

I just replaced a Mag-Innovision 19" that was begining to flicker.
Bought an Envision 19" flat crt in black/silver for just under 200
dollars US. It's not a bad monitor for the price. Not as good as
say a sony, but for the price, it does perform and look well. .25
pixel pitch if I recall correctly and it does 1600x1200 at a
resolution around 75Hz.
www.envisionmonitor.com is their website.

I would do the same as this gentleman. You can get decent 19' monitors for
under $200