Old June 12th 19, 03:29 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Paul[_28_]

Default Prime Z370-A: hot-swap problem

Percival P. Cassidy wrote:
I have a front-panel-mounted drive bay and also an eSATA + USB2 docking
station. I have hot-swap enabled for the appropriate SATA ports, but
hot-swapping does not work in either: the Prime Z370-A motherboard (BIOS
ver. 2001) recognizes when I remove a drive but does not recognize that
a different one has been plugged in.

OS is Manjaro Linux.

Any suggestions?

Perce

It's a popular topic, with plenty of semi-dangerous commands.

https://serverfault.com/questions/53...ped-in-without

For some reason, I like their "sudo partprobe", because it doesn't
appear to bludgeon all the ports as its method of operation.

Paul