Old December 20th 14, 06:44 PM posted to comp.hardware,comp.sys.hardware.ibmpc,comp.sys.ibm.hardware,comp.sys.ibm.pc-hardware,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
[email protected]

Default What is a new good monitor to get these days?

On Thu, 18 Dec 2014 08:14:14 -0800, Ant wrote:

Hello.

It looks like my very old 19" Samsung SyncMaster 931BF monitor is dying
since it has problems turning on (black screens, flickers to black and
display fast, etc.) on multiple desktop computers. It is time to find a
replacement.

-22" horizontal width max(imum) due to my limited desk space and I need
to be able to move it around a little due to the annoying sun shining on
to it since window blinds don't help.
-Adjustable height.
-Tiltable.
-Still need VGA and DVI ports for old cables and computers (Linux,
Windows, and Mac)
-Do some basic graphic work.
-Do a lot of Internet, watching videos, some gaming, etc.

I noticed some current sales that might be good?
http://www.salescircular.com/ca/computer/mnitrp.shtml
http://www.salescircular.com/ca/video/tvsmlp.shtml
http://www.salescircular.com/ca/video/tvp.shtml

I want to see the new monitor in person with local retail stores like
Costco, Best Buy, Fry's Electronics, etc. before buying to be sure I
like it.

Thank you in advance.

Asus PA-248 is just under 22" total width, 24" screen 1920 x 1200,
60hz.