Old October 1st 03, 05:29 PM
dr_hardwrae

"John_2001" wrote in message
In few months I'll buy MB ABIT NF7-S with Sound SoundStorm 5.1 chipset,

and
Barton 2500+
Now I have P3, ASUS motherboard and Creative Labs Live 1024 sound card

with
3D Surround.
Is it SoundStorm chipset better than my old SB Creative Labs sound card?
Can I continue to use my old SB CL on my new motherboard?

tnx

I have the NF7-S and have had a SB live 5.1 card in it. I have made a
direct comparison and the on-board (analog) sound is better than the SB Live
5.1; I have removed the card and have been using the on-board sound since,
as it is far superior.

No, you can't use both the on-board sound and the sound card; it must be one
or the other.