Old October 1st 03, 04:51 PM
John Russell

"Skid" wrote in message
. net...

"John Russell" wrote in message

"John_2001" wrote in message
In few months I'll buy MB ABIT NF7-S with Sound SoundStorm 5.1

chipset,
and
Barton 2500+
Now I have P3, ASUS motherboard and Creative Labs Live 1024 sound card

with
3D Surround.
Is it SoundStorm chipset better than my old SB Creative Labs sound

card?
Can I continue to use my old SB CL on my new motherboard?

tnx

"better"?
If you connect it to a DD 5.1 surround system and arn't plagued by

clicks
and pops too much it's fantastic. If you connect via analogue then you

can
get awful problems resuting from the crap realtek DAC.

On the other hand if EAX is your thing then nothing beats creative. But
creative Live cards have clicks and pops in non-intel boards such as

VIA,
and this is a non intel board.

Please note that he's asking about the Soundstorm in an Abit NF7, and not
the Realtek in an Abit IC7.

You'll be pleased to know that the Nf-7s APU is a digital only device.
Anyone who uses analog out does so by using the DAC in the external ac97
chip.

And the board uses and Nvidia chipset, not VIA.

Creative are part of the great wintel consiporacy and seem to make little
effort to build their products with non intel boards in mind.