Old February 14th 04, 02:07 PM
Hjalmar

Maybe I should mention that it's about a K8V-Deluxe. Is nobody else using SPDIF out there?

Hjalmar

On Thu, 12 Feb 2004 21:52:22 +0100, Hjalmar wrote:

Hi!

SPDIF question: When I use the

1) Soundmax drivers, the sound is alright but only stereo _no matter what I do_ (e.g. no 5.1 is transmitted to my receiver via SPDIF in DVDs)
2) VIA AC'97 drivers, I can easily set things to have WinDVD send 5.1 data to my receiver BUT all sound is distorted, sounds horrible!

So I can either have good quality sound but only stereo OR have surround sound in sh*t-quality. Both is completely unlogical ... it's a digital out for gods sake (c:=

Can anybody help me???

Thanks,

Hjalmar